Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Well, I got a much better pic of the tea cozy. The shadows in my room are unbelievable today. But, at least it is focused.

I've finished another ornament ... 12 Drummers Drummin'. this one has more beads than the rest. And since I don't like the way they are being put on, it made it harder to do. The designer likes them put on with ecru thread. It leaves a bit of thread color at the ends, but that is the way she has them on the design, so I'll live with it. Left to my own devices, I would use red thread.

I watched the Westminster Dog Show this week. Wonderful bunch of dogs! A friend has had Irish Wolf Hounds since I have known her. I've gotten to know how really great a really big dog can be. The Scottish Deer Hound that took Best in Show looks very similar to Sandy's dogs. Just too big for me. One of the Tuesday Stitchers recommended the Coton Du Tulear as a good dog ... it doesn't shed, and it is small. Two points in its favor! I'll have to track down one to see what kind of personality it has. I am of two minds on owning another dog. I'd love to have one, but at the same time, I really don't want another dog at this point in my life. Can I rent a dog for a few weeks, here and there? And would it remember me between times? Probably can't.

1 comment:

  1. Have you thought about being a foster dog mom? My niece works at a shelter in NH and sometimes the animals they get are not ready for adoption. They go to a foster home first for some love and a shot at redemption. I don't know if anyone does that around here.

    ReplyDelete