Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm really still here

I knew blogging was going to be the hardest part. I have been stitching away, but, blogging ... not so much.


My son-in-law has had a bit of a set-back. When he saw his oncologist, he mentioned that he had been having fairly frequent nosebleeds. The oncologist had a N&T man come down and look at it. They agreed it looked like a harmless polyp and surgery was scheduled to remove it. Much to the dismay and surprise of all, the polyp turned out to be  a metastatic tumor. He is scheduled to start treatment with Sutent ... just as soon as the pharmacy gets a stock in ... it is apparently something they don't keep on hand just in case someone walks in to need some. Meanwhile, he remains as healthy and active as a person can be.


Back to stitching. I have managed to finish another 12 days ornament. I got the leaves and back-stitching done on the 5 Golden Rings ornament.  That makes 3 stitched with 9 to go. I wish I had paid attention to how many quarter stitches were involved. I might NOT have select this set to do. Ah well, they are all started now. SO, I will finish them ... I think.














Meanwhile, I noticed my LNS was having a Super Bowl sale. So, off I went. I didn't spend  lot of money, but I am pretty pleased with what I got: The latest Little House Ornament - TWEET, and an older chart showing a TEA HOUSE ... that came with a Tea Cozy. That was on Saturday. I immediately started stitching the Tea House, and am about ... well, it's more than 1/3 done, but not quite 1/2.






Maybe I will remember to post more frequently. Maybe.
I seem to have a lot more space in the actual post than I had in the 'draft.' Something I'll have to learn to fix, but not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment