Thursday, December 30, 2010

Almost to the New Year

We spent Christmas Eve and a good part of Christmas Day with our daughter and her family. We all went to church Christmas Eve. The service was beautiful ... and crowded. We ended up in a couple of places in the church. Bill and I sat behind one of the large pillars. Vicki, Rick and Bryce had folding chairs at the back. After the service, we headed to a local restaurant for dinner. Very nice. The portions were pretty big. I ordered the crab cake .. there were two huge ones on the plate. Vicki will have crab and a poached egg on a muffin one day.

It snowed Christmas morning. Not a lot, but enough to make us a little nervous about the drive home, so we left a little before we had planned to. We got home in good time. I put the salad together and we headed for my sister-in-law's for Christmas Dinner. Vicki and family were also there. In total there were 17 of us - extended family in one form or another. Sue had turkey, ham, dressing, peas, corn, rolls, gravy, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. Erica brought home-made cookies, there also were brownies and cake, and I brought an egg nog cake. I wish I could say the cake was a success, but I can't. I forget that my niece can't eat walnuts (I thought it was pecans), so she didn't get to try it. Personally, I think it was too sweet.

I have been working on a Christmas Blessing. It is on a deep sand colored fabric and is the reproduction of an antique Christmas Card. Very Pretty! I hope to finish it up tonight. If I do, I will post a picture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment