Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My daughter is turning 50 next weekend. Her husband is preparing a slide-show of pictures of her throughout her life. All of her friends have been asked to contribute. We have sent hundreds of pictures. That means that even more slides [yes, slides - we have a large box of slides that no one made prints from] had to be gone through and sorted. My husband won that chore. I sorted through even more pictures that did make it to albums to find ones that I thought would scan well. Turns out we had lots and lots of pictures that didn't seem all that fuzzy when we looked at them, but when the scanner looked at them ... fuzz grew.

I stitched 'La Trappestine' for her ...... It only took 10 years to complete. Well, that is misleading. I started it in 1992, but put it aside because I had made some errors that I didn't want to fool with fixing that day. I found it again this spring and decided it was time to finish it.




This isn't a very good picture, but it is the best I have. LA TRAPPESTINE written above the lady, and her skirt billows a bit more than shows here. But, it does give you an idea of what she looks like. This is sooooooo different than my usual choice in stitching.





I am continuing with the afghan ...










Only 20 letters to go .........
And then I get to do a Christmas stocking for her ... but I'm pretty sure that won't get done in 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment