Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Normally, Wednesday come and go without much notice. Not today. Husband has a meeting this afternoon and showed up at the breakfast table in his organization shirt. This only alarms me because we still have 2/3 of the basement to move around before the water proofing guys come in. Being togged out in his 'go-to-meeting' duds means nothing is going to get done today. Mostly because he won't be messing up the shirt and I won't be traveling down the stairs. [My knees object to stairs as a general thing - but today is a really bad day - funny stuff that arthritis.] Granted we still have three weeks until they come, but, we have over 40 years worth of accumulation in that basement to shove around. They asked for 4 feet from each wall. Some places that is easy. Others, not so much.

On a much more pleasant note, my stitch group met at Greensprings Village [a retirement community] yesterday. Our hostess treated us to lunch in one of their restaurants. Everyone agreed that lunch was spectacular. Their special of the day was a Caesar salad with fried chicken, and the dessert of the day was orange cake. Yum.

I am almost finished with my current Tuesday project - the topper for the wooden box in the Mary Ann Blackburn booklet. Just a part of a bird's wing, three eyelets and my initials need stitching. Then I need to find another project to work on Tuesdays. I can't carry a really fussy project because we spend far more time chatting than stitching and I lose track of where I am.


The afghan for Meri continues. It should be finished long before Christmas ... which is a good thing because we have to ship the gifts to New York. These gum balls were fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment