Monday, September 17, 2012

A Day or Two Late ... or even more

I thought I would get back to this almost a week ago. I don't know where time goes, but it surely does go.

I am stitching again, but not as much as I did before the carpal issues. Here are a couple of the things I did since last September -

I always did love
"The Raven", so it
just seemed obvious
that this should be
one of my projects






Just a nice little Quaker ... on the diagonal








Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the birth sampler I did for the new grandchild. Maybe when we head to Long Island next time I will remember to take a picture of it to post.

I have started working on an afghan for Meri. It is going pretty fast, so it will probably be done by Christmas. I hope so anyway. It is a pretty basic alphabet, BUT, it fits in the squares. I am using the Charles Craft Afghan for Alphabets, and the DMC chart for the child's alphabet afghan.


I did alphabet afghans for her sisters - Becca got 'old fashioned toys' and Eme got  a floral alphabet. The boys both got lighthouses - Bryce's was lighthouse on the Chesapeake Bay, and Xander's was lighthouses in the Long Island area.



3 comments:

  1. Glad to see yoou're back! Your stitching is beautiful and so are your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think the grands beat the stitching though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finishes!! Such an adorable idea to do for children! I can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete