Saturday, September 24, 2011

Knitting and Crocheting - NOT

At my last session with my physical therapist, I mentioned that I had finally picked a needle and tried embroidering. I said that I had managed to do a few stitches. She pretty much exploded. She told me that I was not to do any more knitting or crocheting until she said so. That holding my hand in the static position needed for knitting and crocheting was not going to help me regain use of the hand. When I repeated that I was embroidering, she shrugged and said don't do any more knitting or crocheting until she said I could.

Hard to believe that even after I tried to correct her about what I do, she kept on calling it knitting.

My ortho doctor has suggested that I see a neurologist ... he (the ortho guy) can't figure out what caused the problem, or why it is lingering. Hopefully the neurologist will have a clue.

I really, really, really miss stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment