Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Newest Grand-Niece is HERE!

Well, truthfully, she has been here several days. She was born March 28th. A beautiful, healthy young lady.


Here is the birth sampler I am giving her parents. I have blocked out her name, but it is truly there. I have it laying on a navy blue cloth, and you can tell that it is. The fabric is a bit more 'airy' than I thought it would be. I changed a LOT of the threads - I didn't have all the fibers the chart called for, so I substituted things I had in similar colors . I did go ahead an purchase the Gloriana for the girls skirt. I didn't have a multi-color in pastels. Now I have a lot of that floss left over. I need to find another project for it.




I haven't worked on my 15 projects for a number of days now - finishing up this. Before I personalized this, I was working on my Pam Darney Red Bird. I don't think I am supposed to finish that one .... I've run out of green thread, again. This time, it was entirely my fault. Somewhere along the line, I have misplaced a length (all 12 strands) of Olive-ine. I am going to go ahead and finish up with the Elizabethan Green. The olive thread has enough dark patches that it will work. I substituted a bolder red for the red in Autumn Arbor. I felt that one was way too brown a red for me. I still have three ornaments to stitch. Heading for the home stretch.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Joan, Lovely Sampler. I'm on the last lap on M's. Looks like you need to go to INstitches for more thread. jean
    http://samplersandsuch.over-blog.com/#

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete