Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5

Once again, getting started took a lot longer than it should have. It's not like it was hard to do ... just reach in the bag, pull out a chart, pick up a piece of fabric (also in the bag), pick up a skein of thread, add a needle to the mix and there you are. Uh huh. Yep.

Before I could stitch today, I HAD to visit a store that is going out of business. No, it doesn't have a thing to do with stitching, but with my daughter and my son-in-law both VA TECH grads, I found it absolutely necessary to visit to pick over their Tech gifts. They have lots. Make that = they had lots. I got some of them for next year's Christmas.

On the way home, we passed a bird on the side of the road. I made Bill turn around and go back because it didn't move when we went past, and it was sitting up. By the time we got turned around and back to the spot some one had picked up the bird and was in a nearby driveway with the bird and was calling for help. I'm not that good with iding birds, but it looked like a falcon, or perhaps a hawk. It was sitting on a fence as we left the area but not trying to fly away. I sure hope it got help.

We also visited the framer. I had two pieces I wanted framed ... perhaps they will go to Woodlawn, perhaps not. One was the Christmas Blessing. The other was a large red piece by Sampler Cove (Diane Jourdan) called Rhapsody in Red. I wasn't that rhapsodic while stitching it, but I love the finished product. The fellow at the frame shop kept bringing alternate frames for the Red one ... all of them looked fine, but one really jumped up and said BUY ME BUY ME. Until he brought the mahogany one with the little bit of gold |_| |_| |_| ... mimicking the border on the piece. That one was the final choice.

Aster we got home, I got around to reaching into the bag ... out came 8th day of Christmas. Picture below.


I didn't get a lot done ... at least not a lot of stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment