Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 of the Challenge

Well, I got started with the 15 projects. I began with the Pamela Darney (Guildhouse Samplers) Red Bird. 

Basically, all I got done today was baste the top and left hand side borders, the initial S in the upper left hand corner and part of the gold and blue block at the top middle. Then I decided to work on the greens, and hit a snag. Autumn Arbor flows from green to bronze to gold to purple to red. However, in the piece of silk that I have the green part isn't very big. The biggest piece of green I could pull out will make only 7 stitches and 2 of those were because I used the smallest petite needle I could find.  Now I have to find more of the thread that has a bit bigger sections of the green.


By the time I am through with this challenge, I may learn how to take pictures that are really in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment